Tresspassers

Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Lake Is Frozen Again.

Sitting here by the frozen lake,

I see the ice thawing..

I wish it wouldn’t melt,

And remained like a perfect drawing.

I wish the winds wouldn’t blow,

So I don’t go closer to you.

I hope the cracks wouldn’t show,

So we could ice-skate too.

You would tell me your dreams,

And I would share mine...

And dancing away,

We would lose track of time.

We would talk about somethings,

About nothings mostly.

And in our hearts closer home,

We would just be so free.

One day I had wished,

A wish gone astray...

That we might be on the same side,

Of the lake someday.

But the wish was in vain,

And I was insane...

I had only believed,

To be mistaken again.

You still stood there,

In the biting cold air,

Looking away from the lake,

And avoiding my stare.

There had entered someone,

In our protected territory...

Spoiling all the peace,

And twisting memory.

I looked at you from here,

Suddenly too far for the distance,

Even the chills from the ice ..

Couldn’t cool the heat in my eyes.

And it all flowed out soon,

Like the pearls shining in the moon,

I tried not to make a sound...

I didn’t want to see you around.

I didn’t want to see you sad,

I smiled so that you thought I was glad.

I was glad and I was happy for you...

I just wished there was room for me too.

But alas you cut me off from you,

It was in a way the right thing to do.

Because even if I would be with you,

There would be a list of do-not-do...

And barriers wouldn’t help us get through,

And sooner or later we would be numb and blue.

I held a piece of the ice in my hand,

And soon it melted away like sand...

It reminded me of us again,

And somewhere my tears got lost in the rain.

I tried to be stronger,

Because I know we aren’t wrong.

We can very well sail through,

We can slide along.

And when we feel low,

When we don’t know where to go,

We can listen to a song...

We can sing along...

And yes, we can be strong.

Maybe you are right,

And I am wrong.

But I’ll always have this song,

And I’ll always sing along,

I’ll always... be strong.

4 comments: